We aim to provide young parents with essential numeracy and literacy skills and the opportunity to work towards a pathway through a varied VCAL and VET program.
The program aims to:
- Build young parents’ self-esteem, self-worth and confidence
- Build aspiration
- Equip young parents with essential literacy and numeracy skills
- Assist in developing a pathway forward in young parents’ lives, whether that be through further education, employment or career development
- Provide ongoing personal and parental support
- Provide positive role models
- Provide a chance to learn from others in similar situations and develop friendships
KYPP provides a caring, flexible and supportive learning environment for all young parents.
KYPP is free and includes Childcare (Schooling is free however conditions apply to qualify for free childcare; see eligibility criteria for more details).
Kurnai Young Parents Program is a dynamic educational program that fosters learning while adapting to and celebrating the enchantment and challenges of parenting.