Kurnai Young Parents Program offers young people with a family and under the age of 21 the chance to achieve their Year 12 VCAL together with VET modules and other certificates.
We aim to provide young parents with essential numeracy and literacy skills and the opportunity to work towards a pathway through a varied VCAL and VET program.
The program aims to:
- Build young parents’ self-esteem, self-worth and confidence
- Build aspiration
- Equip young parents with essential literacy and numeracy skills
- Assist in developing a pathway forward in young parents’ lives, whether that be through further education, employment or career development
- Provide ongoing personal and parental support
- Provide positive role models
- Provide a chance to learn from others in similar situations and develop friendships
KYPP provides a caring, flexible and supportive learning environment for all young parents.
KYPP is free and includes Childcare (Schooling is free however conditions apply to qualify for free childcare; see eligibility criteria for more details).
Kurnai Young Parents Program is a dynamic educational program that fosters learning while adapting to and celebrating the enchantment and challenges of parenting.